Fundraising & Finances
One of PAC's most important functions is to raise money to enrich student life at Queen Mary. Fundraising provides our school with the means to acquire and/or upgrade equipment, supplies, materials and programs beyond the limited assistance from the North Vancouver School District and Province. Fundraising activities also provide a great opportunity for community-building. We like to have fun AND raise funds at the same time!
The PAC raises money or receives support through a few different ways:
- Ongoing fundraising
- 5% of sales at COBS Lonsdale Quay goes to PAC; just mention you are with Queen Mary.
- Fun Lunch occurs on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month.
- Event-based fundraising – these are specific events that are held throughout the year for students and their families. PAC regularly hosts the Halloween Dance, Movie Nights, Community Garage Sale, hanging flower basket sales, and the Scholastic Book Fair.
- Direct donations – families may donate money, volunteer time, or supplies directly to PAC. Monetary donations can be made directly to PAC online, in which case you will receive a tax-receipt issued by the North Vancouver School District.
- Sponsorship – local businesses may donate money, food, supplies or services directly to PAC.
- Provincial Gaming Grant – PAC applies for a BC Gaming Grant to be used for students' extra-curricular activities for the students.
Here are just some of the items that funds are used for:
- Queen Mary events - Ice Cream Social, Fun Day, Family BBQ
- The Bill Reid Principal's Discretionary Fund (parent bursary)
- Special presentations to students
- Class field trips & supplies
- Administrative/office supplies
- Other learning/ELL/art/library supplies
- Extracurricular supplies for gym, music and art
- Parent Workshops
- Supplies for PAC meetings/events