One of PAC's most important functions is to raise money to enrich student life at Queen Mary. Fundraising provides our school with the means to acquire and/or upgrade equipment, supplies, materials and programs beyond the limited assistance from the North Vancouver School District and Province. Fundraising activities also provide a great opportunity for community-building. We like to have fun AND raise funds at the same time!
The PAC raises money or receives support through a few different ways:
- Ongoing fundraising
- 5% of sales at COBS Lonsdale Quay goes to PAC; just mention you are with Queen Mary.
- Fun Lunch occurs on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month.
- Event-based fundraising – these are specific events that are held throughout the year for students and their families. PAC regularly hosts Movie Nights, Community Garage Sale, Hanging Basket sales, and a Book Fair.
- Direct donations – families may donate money, volunteer time, or supplies directly to PAC. Monetary donations can be made directly to PAC online, in which case you will receive a tax-receipt issued by the North Vancouver School District.
- Sponsorship – local businesses may donate money, food, supplies or services directly to PAC.
- Provincial Gaming Grant – PAC applies for a BC Gaming Grant to be used for students' extra-curricular activities for the students.
Here are just some of the items that funds are used for:
- Queen Mary events - Ice Cream Social, Fun Day, Family BBQ
- The Bill Reid Principal's Discretionary Fund (parent bursary)
- Special presentations to students
- Class field trips & supplies
- Administrative/office supplies
- Other learning/ELL/art/library supplies
- Extracurricular supplies for gym, music and art
- Parent Workshops
- Supplies for PAC meetings/events