- Communications Officer - The ideal person would be comfortable with managing websites, email and Facebook. Requires about an hour or two of work spread throughout the week. Will work closely with the Executive team and would be among the first to know what PAC is up to!
- Fun Lunch Coordinator - The Chair currently manages Fun Lunch ordering, but would like another parent to take charge of lunch distribution on Thursdays at 11:00am-1:00pm. A detail-oriented parent would be a great fit. This position makes you very popular with the students!
Queen Mary is seeking parents for:
- IB Joint Committee - A few parents are needed to join the administration, IB Coordinator and a few teachers on this committee. Parents would be the "eyes, ears and voice" of the community with respect to implementation of the IB Primary Years Programme (PYP); all members will be work to enhance parent understanding and involvement in IB PYP. Involves commitment to 4-6 meetings over the year. Contact Jennifer Aragon, the IB Coordinator by email.
- Safe Travel Planning Committee - Needs a few action-oriented parents that care about children's health and the environmental effects of car congestion. The City of North Vancouver has contracted HASTe BC to document and implement an action plan to improve the health and safety of our students. This is an opportunity to voice your concerns, share your ideas and lead your school to greater physical, mental and environmental health. May meet about once a month, but much will be done by email. Please contact Carol Sartor by email with your name, phone number and school name.
- Library Assistance - The school library could use additional help; if interested, contact Sandra Singh by email.